A number of accessibility features have been implemented in Patrologia Latina Database to make tbe site more accessible to people with visual, motor or cognitive disabilities. The site complies with Priority 1 standards of the WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. Some features also contribute towards compliance with Priority 2 and 3 guidelines.
Note: if you are using Jaws or another screen reader says 'page has no links', try hitting Ctrl-N or maximising the browser window.
A number of accessibility features may not be visible in your browser, but can improve accessibility for people using assistive technologies:
The following access keys have been assigned to links
to the main areas of the site, making it possible to navigate around the
site without using a mouse:
C=Table of Contents
To use the access keys:
- Hold down the Alt key and press the assigned access
- Press Enter.
The page you have chosen should now open.
Note: access keys are supported in Internet Explorer
4.x upwards and Netscape 6.0 upwards.
Note: Mac users should hold down the Ctrl key and press
the assigned access key.
- A "Skip over navigation" link, although invisible in visual browsers, enables users of assistive technologies to go straight to the main content of a page.
- Alternative text descriptions have been provided for all images. Users with mouses can hover the pointer over an image to read the text description.
- Text on all pages is resizable to allow visually-impaired users to increase the size of the font displayed. Users of Netscape or Macs may also need to increase their text size.
- Form labels make using forms easier, for all types of users.